Following The Gardener of Men, Dragonborn embarks on what is to be the final main storyline quest in, At the Summit of Apocrypha. It’s here where first and last dragonborn will meet to seal their own destinies.
At the Summit of Apocrypha has a number of backtracking twists and turns. Turning around and moving back the way you came is a frequent theme during this quest so be mindful during your play-through.
For other black books, review the Complete Black Book Locations List.
At the Summit of Apocrypha
- Unlock the ‘Bend Will’ shout.
- Read the book, ‘Waking Dreams’ to enter Apocrypha.
- Move north up the stairs and open Chapter II.
- Continue upwards and take book ‘Boneless Limbs‘ to reveal a passage to the north.
- Follow the passage to its end and open Chapter III.
- Move straight through and follow the path to its end.
- Take book ‘Delving Pincers‘ to open the gate located at the entrance to Chapter III.
- Return to the entrance of Chapter III and pass through the gate.
- Activate scrye to reveal passage.
- Optional: Exit to the south and activate scrye to open a gate to the northwest. Move through the northwest gate/passage and loot vessel.
- Cross the southernmost bridge and take book ‘Prying Orbs‘ to open a second northwest gate.
- Move through the northwest gate and open Chapter IV.
- Choose your path and exit to the south.
- Move east, then south to collapse passageways.
- Exit out the way you entered originally.
- Move upwards to take book ‘Gnashing Blades‘.
- Move back downwards and enter newly revealed southern passage.
- Follow the passage east and continue forward to activate scrye.
- Backtrack out the same passage.
- Follow the new path up to the chamber.
- Climb stairs and open Chapter V.
- Place books ‘Boneless Limbs’, ‘Delving Pincers’, ‘Gnashing Blades’ and ‘Prying Orbs’ on the proper pedestals located along the outer ring of the chamber.
- Proper placement of the books will trigger a glow in the pedestals and reveal the final chapter.
- Move to the center of the chamber and open Chapter VI.
- Approach shout wall and gain Word of Power, armor, Dragon Aspect.
- Defeat Sahrotaar.
- Ride Sahrotaar to meet Miraak.
- Defeat Miraak.
- Complete At the Summit of Apocrypha and the main quest storyline of the Skyrim, Dragonborn DLC.
Of course there are rewards for such a stellar performance. Miraak’s gear is naturally available so be sure to loot the corpse. Additionally, there is a perk point reward.
- Read ‘Waking Dreams’, located at the center of the platform, once to trigger the perk exchange reward and Solstheim exit.
- Each perk is shown in a circle around the center of the platform.
- Players can choose to exchange a single dragon soul for a complete reset of any perk tree.
- Perk points spent in a perk tree are added back to the pot for use wherever you wish.
If you enjoyed or found this article useful, please show us some support by liking us on Facebook or by sharing us on your favorite social website. Thanks!