Aside from actually finding Stalhrim deposits, there are a number of requirements for crafting it into gear.
Crafting Stalhrim Gear
- Required: Ebony smithing perk. This is a must, so make sure you have the perk.
A New Source of Stalhrim
Completion of this quest provides you with everything else necessary for smithing Stalhrim into gear. You may have been approached during the main quest by a Skaal villager about finding Baldor Iron-Shaper. If not, then you’ll need to head to Skaal Village and speak with the people to trigger that quest.
- Once triggered, rescue Baldor Iron-Shaper from a group of Thalmor at an Abandoned Lodge, located southwest of Frostmoon Crag and northeast of Bloodskal Barrow.
- Speak with Baldor Iron-Shaper to discover information about a Stalhrim Source Map.
- Retrieve the Stalhrim Source Map from a group of Thalmor at Northshore Landing, located west of Castle Karstaag Ruins and northwest of White Ridge Barrow.
- Return the Stalhrim Source Map to Baldor Iron-Shaper at Skaal Village.
- Baldor Iron-Shaper entrusts you with the Stalhrim smithing knowledge as thanks for returning the map.
- Complete A New Source of Stalhrim.
Notes & Tips
- Stalhrim doesn’t need to be smelt.
- Frost enchantments are 25% stronger on Stalhrim crafted items.
- Baldor Iron-Shaper sells small quantities of the ore.
- Xbox 360 owners receive an achievement for crafting a Stalhrim item.
- Stalhrim Source
- Raven Rock Mine
- Small island northeast of Northshore Landing
- Kolbjorn Barrow
- Gyldenhul Barrow
If you enjoyed or found this article useful, please show us some support by liking us on Facebook or by sharing us on your favorite social website. Thanks!