Aside from actually finding Stalhrim deposits, there are a number of requirements for crafting it into gear.
Crafting Stalhrim Gear
- Required: Ebony smithing perk. This is a must, so make sure you have the perk.
A New Source of Stalhrim
Completion of this quest provides you with everything else necessary for smithing Stalhrim into gear. You may have been approached during the main quest by a Skaal villager about finding Baldor Iron-Shaper. If not, then you’ll need to head to Skaal Village and speak with the people to trigger that quest.
- Once triggered, rescue Baldor Iron-Shaper from a group of Thalmor at an Abandoned Lodge, located southwest of Frostmoon Crag and northeast of Bloodskal Barrow.
- Speak with Baldor Iron-Shaper to discover information about a Stalhrim Source Map.
- Retrieve the Stalhrim Source Map from a group of Thalmor at Northshore Landing, located west of Castle Karstaag Ruins and northwest of White Ridge Barrow.
- Return the Stalhrim Source Map to Baldor Iron-Shaper at Skaal Village.
- Baldor Iron-Shaper entrusts you with the Stalhrim smithing knowledge as thanks for returning the map.
- Complete A New Source of Stalhrim.
Notes & Tips
- Stalhrim doesn’t need to be smelt.
- Frost enchantments are 25% stronger on Stalhrim crafted items.
- Baldor Iron-Shaper sells small quantities of the ore.
- Xbox 360 owners receive an achievement for crafting a Stalhrim item.
- Stalhrim Source
- Raven Rock Mine
- Small island northeast of Northshore Landing
- Kolbjorn Barrow
- Gyldenhul Barrow
If you enjoyed or found this article useful, please show us some support by liking us on Facebook or by sharing us on your favorite social website. Thanks!
This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 19th, 2012 at 9:50 am
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Posted in: Uncategorized