Now that you’ve activated the Dragonborn main quest-line, it’s time to get moving and show Skyrim who the real Dragonborn is. Following the Dragonborn starter quest, comes The Temple of Miraak where the villain is revealed.
How to complete ‘The Temple of Miraak’
- Speak with Frea at the Temple of Miraak. Speaking with her initiates a battle with cultists. Defeat the cultists and follow Frea down the landing and into the temple.
- Move through the temple with Frea.
- Move through the corridor until you reach the first main chamber.
- Follow the path downwards and forward until you reach the Temple of Miraak Sanctum.
- Enter Temple of Miraak Sanctum.
- Follow the path to a dead end and obtain the shout – strength, Dragon Aspect.
- In the same chamber, kill the gatekeeper and other enemies.
- Loot the Temple of Miraak key from the gatekeeper.
- Use the key to exit the chamber.
- Continue on to the second chamber following the gatekeeper’s room.
- After you’re finished looting, follow the corridor to the right of the Alchemy Lab to find an alcove with a handle.
- Activate the handle to reveal a hidden passage.
- Follow the passage towards a handle in front of a large grating on the floor.
- Activate the handle and follow the stairs downwards.
- Follow the path to a dead end and activate yet another handle to open a hidden passage.
- Follow the passage to a large chamber.
- Defeat the enemies and move up the chamber staircase.
- At the back of the chamber is a pull chain which reveals the final hidden passage.
- Read the ‘Black Book’ and obtain Book of Waking Dreams.
- Cut-scene: Your character’s consciousness is transported to a face to face with the first Dragonborn, Miraak.
- Talk to Frea to complete The Temple of Miraak and begin The Fate of the Skaal.
Although the steps are a bit long, this quest itself is rather quick. Whether by design or just dumb luck, Frea as a companion was especially cautious of sneaking during this quest. Typically the companion completely ruins the sneak/hide damage bonus once an enemy is engaged, but Frea actually waited to engage until proximity-wise it made sense.
If you enjoyed or found this article useful, please show us some support by liking us on Facebook or by sharing us on your favorite social website. Thanks!