Facebook has started using facial recognition to identify you and your friends in photos. While this can be a convenience when adding photos for tagging purposes, it does pose a bit of a privacy issue. Like most Facebook features, it is turned on by default so we’re going to show you how to turn it off.
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Click ‘Account’ in the upper right hand corner.
- Click ‘Privacy Settings’.
- Click ‘Customize Settings’. It is located just above the ‘Block Lists’ item.
- Scroll down to ‘Suggest photos of me to friends’ and click Edit Settings.
- Change ‘Enabled’ to ‘Disabled’.
- Click ‘Okay’ and your finished!