The Rings of Blood Magic are a side-quest within the larger Dawnguard DLC quest. In order to obtain the rings, one must travel to two separate locations and retrieve them. The retrieval is fairly straight-forward and a bit easier than you might think. Here’s how to obtain the rings.
EDIT: It appears as though the dungeons are randomly selected, so the information provided here may not be your locations. If you are given a location where you’ve already killed a Dragon Priest or a ring doesn’t load on a giant, then reload to before you received the quest and try to get different dungeons. If you received the quest some time ago and the option to reload is not possible or too far back, then you’re out of luck until a patch is supplied.
How To Get The Rings of Blood Magic
- Head to Forsaken Cave which is S/SW of Winterhold, just SW of Yorgrim Overlook.
- Clear the dungeon and retrieve the Ring of the Erudite from a chest in front of the shout wall. TIP: Here’s where the easy part comes in. If you’ve already cleared Forsaken Crypt, then you can use a shortcut to regain entry and walk right up to the chest and shout wall. The shortcut entrance is to the right, before the staircases and iron door leading further into Forsaken Cave.
- Next, travel to Talking Stone Camp.
- The Ring of the Beast is carried by a giant at the camp. Kill the giant and retrieve the ring.
- If you accepted this quest from Feran Sadri, then return to Castle Volkihar and speak with him to receive 3 Potions of Blood.
If you missed this quest early on, you can still complete it later on as offered by a member of the court.
If you enjoyed or found this article useful, please show us some support by liking us on Facebook or by sharing us on your favorite social website. Thanks!