You’ll find one of the more difficult things to accomplish in Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is a melee attack. Why? Two primary reasons. First, NPCs move around constantly and quickly so actually performing a melee attack successfully is a challenge. Second, players need to wait for a command to become available before a melee attack can be initiated.
How To Melee Attack In Ghost Recon
- Move towards an enemy.
- As you approach, an attack prompt will display near the bottom of the screen.
- Press the appropriate action button to perform the melee attack.
If done successfully, your character will perform an instant kill, melee style, with a short animation.
- Act quickly. The attack prompt won’t stay up for long on moving targets and since you need to be close in order to perform the attack, you run the risk of being detected before you get a second chance.
- Advance slowly. It may seem counterproductive to move slowly, but if time permits and you want to hone your melee skills, then moving slowly will allow you to notice enemies before you pass them. In turn, it will make stealth approach more successful.
- Approach from behind. This should go without saying, but you have a much better chance of eliminating someone if they don’t see you coming.
If you enjoyed or found this article useful, please show us some support by liking us on Facebook or by sharing us on your favorite social website. Thanks!
Like this post