As part of acquiring the black books in the Dragonborn DLC, characters will need to complete other quests in order to reach their ultimate goal. In Lost Knowledge, players complete a small side quest for Neloth, gain a new shout and gain access to black book Untold Legends.
Here’s how to complete Lost Knowledge and obtain black book Untold Legends.
For other black books, review the Complete Black Book Locations List.
- Speak with Neloth in Tel Mithryn.
- Travel to Benkongerike located southeast of Saering’s Watch.
- Make your way through Benkongerike to Benkongerike Great Hall.
- Continue on until you reach a large chamber. Tip: Mine the Stalhrim deposit in the sarcophagus in the northwest corner of the chamber.
- Near the back of the chamber is a handle centered on a pedestal. Use the handle to open the gate. Tip: As with many Skyrim puzzles, the emblems must be aligned properly to unlock the gate. The correct order is, from left to right: Bird, Fish, Fish, Serpent.
- Pass through the gate to the shout wall to obtain Word of Power, Wind, Cyclone.
- Exit the room to the east up a downed stone support beam.
Black Book Untold Legends
- Continue through the passage and read black book Untold Legends to be transported to Apocrypha.
- Follow the path to Chapter II.
- Continue on the main path until you reach the fork in the path. Note: North is Chapter III, South is Chapter IV. Chapter III is a single room with a chest, but ultimately nothing of consequence is located there.
- Either clear Chapter III and continue on to Chapter IV or move on immediately to Chapter IV.
- Make your way through Chapter IV to a large chamber.
- Move to the locked gate on the western side of the chamber.
- Activate scrye.
- Activate scrye inside gate to open the gate on the eastern side of the chamber.
- Activate scrye inside the eastern side gate to open the center area gate.
- Once more, activate scrye inside the center area to open the southern exit.
- Open Chapter V.
- Follow the path south to obtain black book Untold Legends. Note: No enemies inside Chapter V. Note: There are 2 gates midway through the path in Chapter V. How they are opened is a mystery. If anyone knows, please comment and we’ll modify with credit.EDIT: We received the following tip from one of our readers, Russ (PC platform): “If you pause before heading down the hall to the south to get the Untold Legends book the hall will move to the left or east. Once it stops, follow it and you’ll fight a Lurker Sentinal and continue along the path and there will be a scrye to active that will open the east gate. You’ll hear the hallway move back to the south and you can get the book or wait again and the hallway will move to the right or west. Once again you’ll fight a Lurker Sentinal and continue along the path until you reach another scrye and activate it to open the west gate. Once again the hallway moves to the south and you can claim the Untold Legends black book.”
- Return to Solstheim and exit south.
- Follow the tunnel and use pull chain on the right hand side to exit out to entrance of Benkongerike.
- Bardic Knowledge: Summons a spectral drum that plays for you, increasing Stamina Regeneration for you and nearby allies.
- Secret Servant: Summons a Dremora butler to carry your excess items.
- Black Market: Summons a Dremora merchant to trade with you.
If you enjoyed or found this article useful, please show us some support by liking us on Facebook or by sharing us on your favorite social website. Thanks!