Cleansing the Stones is accomplished by using a newly acquired shout which is obtained during The Fate of the Skaal quest. The stones are scattered across Solstheim, but not entirely difficult to reach.
Here are the locations and recommended progression (order) to cleanse them.
Cleansing the Stones
The order described here is based on a start immediately following the completion of The Fate of the Skaal quest.
- The Wind Stone is the first target and should have already been cleansed as part of and during The Fate of the Skaal quest.
- The Beast Stone, located east of the Temple of Miraak and directly west of Thirsk Mead Hall. This is a good second stop as it is a short walking distance from Skaal Village.
- The Earth Stone, located along the southwestern coast and west of Raven Rock. Fast travel to Raven Rock to cleanse this one quickly.
- The Water Stone, located along the western coast and north of Bloodskal Barrow. After the Earth Stone is cleansed, a straightforward approach is to move north along the coastline to reach the Water Stone.
- The Sun Stone, located along the southeastern coast and north of Tel Mithryn. Cleansing the Sun Stone last is a convenient way to segway into the next part of the main questline, The Path of Knowledge which continues in Tel Mithryn.
- No matter the order, when all are cleansed, Cleansing the Stones is complete.
You can expect to see some sort of Lurker after cleansing each stone, perhaps multiple Lurkers. The enemies include Lurkers, Lurker Guardians and Lurker Vindicators. Tip: All Lurkers are susceptible to paralyze.
If you enjoyed or found this article useful, please show us some support by liking us on Facebook or by sharing us on your favorite social website. Thanks!