This sixth faction quest is available as downloadable content. The quest pits you and a companion of your choice against squadrons in an arena competition to the death. Note: For other house quest-lines, check out our KoA: Reckoning – House Quests post.
If you haven’t already downloaded the content, then do so. The special redeem code and instructions are outlined in the leaflet that accompanied your retail game. Once you’ve successfully activated your online pass, you’re ready to begin.
Make sure everything was done properly with the House of Valor content download by checking your map. Pull up your map, scroll to the right and look for ‘House of Valor’ in Detyre. That’s your destination.
House of Valor Faction Quest
- Speak with Jakin Madsen. Note: You may need to rescue him from two brutes.
- Start quest ‘Earning Valor‘. The quest involves defeating Might, Sorcery and Finesse groups in the Arena Pit. Defeat all three to continue with the questline.
- Speak with Jakin Madsen to start ‘A Valorous Proposition‘.
- Speak with Tyr Magnus (House of Valor Champion) in the Champion’s Manor.
- Speak with Jakin Madsen to begin the Arena Pit battle and defeat Mad Dog.
- Speak with Jakin Madsen to start ‘A Viper For All Seasons‘.
- Speak with Jakin Madsen to start ‘Meeting With Magnus‘.
- Meet with one of Magnus’ henchmen behind the stairs. There’s no right or wrong way to approach this. For instance, my first run through I tried to persuade with a 5% chance and succeeded.
- Speak with Jakin Madsen to start ‘Championship Match‘. You’ll be fighting Magnus and his chief henchmen. If you want to know about them before defeating them, you can climb atop the arena stairs where they’re all gathered in one area to the far left.
Rewards: Key to Champion’s Manor, which is now a house for you. A new Twist of Fate card, Undisputed Champion and a greatsword.
The questline is fairly straight forward, the running theme is to keep talking to Jakin Madsen and fighting in the pit. Along the way, you’ll run into a character called Jokull. He rewards you with a new piece of equipment after each arena battle. The gear is decent and mostly geared towards those following the Might path.
- I found the sorceress to be the most potent ally in the arena, although none of them are much help.
- Focus on the leader in each battle. Once he falls, the rest are like fodder.
- Dodging is your best defense. Roll out of the way and attack. Repeat.
- In the ‘Championship Match’, focus on the henchmen before Tyr. It’s harder to get to him otherwise. The archer goes down quick, the sorcerer is the most elusive and the fighter is easy once the sorcerer is gone.
The House of Valor questline is uncomplicated, but you’ll need to be prepared. If you run it straight through you can probably complete it in about 30 minutes or so. The rewards are good and the Arena Board offers some additional challenges for making money.
More Information: For related KoA: Reckoning Tips and Articles, view our KoA: Reckoning Page.
If you enjoyed or found this article useful, please show us some support by liking us on Facebook or by sharing us on your favorite social website. Thanks!