Dragonborn is the latest DLC release for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It takes place on the isle of Solstheim and takes adventurers through a vast area where discoveries like new shouts, armors, ingredients and quests abound.
To get started, purchase and install the Dragonborn DLC.
How To Start Dragonborn
Starting Dragonborn isn’t specific to one set of events, but for our walkthrough we’re using Windhelm as our starting point.
- Travel to Windhelm and head towards the docks located outside the city at the southeast area.
- Talk to Gjalund Salt-Sage to gain passage by boat to Solstheim. Note: Passage costs 250 gold.
- The boat docks in Raven Rock, a small coastal town with a plentiful amount of side quests. Warning: At this point, we experienced what appeared to be a game freeze. If that happens to you, give it a moment and all should progress normally.
- Adril Arano approaches before departing the boat and reads your character the riot act. From here, you can choose to explore Raven Rock and interact with the characters before following the main questline or jump right into Dragonborn.
- To trigger the Dragonborn quest, you’ll need to follow a set of events. Start out moving through the gate to the southeast (just off the docks).
- Follow the path until you come upon a group fighting.
- Assist Captain Veleth in defeating the Ash Spawn.
- Retrieve a declaration of war from the ashes of one of the Ash Spawn and deliver it to Captain Veleth.
- Captain Veleth will instruct you about cultists. Move northwards to find the cultist.
- Kill the cultist and retrieve the Cultist’s Orders to start ‘Dragonborn’.
- Read the Cultist’s Orders to reveal you are targeted as a false Dragonborn.
- Return to Raven Rock.
- Move west towards Earth Stone to find information about Miraak.
- Speak with Neloth to discover the Temple of Miraak.
- Go to the Temple of Miraak, located northeast of Raven Rock and west of Skaal Village.
- Complete ‘Dragonborn’ and start ‘The Temple of Miraak‘.
If you enjoyed or found this article useful, please show us some support by liking us on Facebook or by sharing us on your favorite social website. Thanks!